Follow by Email

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

How to Decorate an Outside Birdhouse With Vinyl

Good morning crafter's Penny here today to show you how to decorate an outside birdhouse with weatherproof vinyl.


I started my project off with this birdhouse many of you have seen advertised on TV. I chose this type because my mother is disabled and this would give her a fun view of some birds. 


This is what is looks like outside of the box. It is made from a pretty tough plastic with a clear backing so you can see inside of the birdhouse from inside of the house. (Not all parts are pictured here)


So next I needed some weather proof vinyl, so for that I went to Style Tech Craft to look at the Tape Technologies vinyl products. These vinyl's are permanent, and weather proof, and for this project I chose the Fluorescent colors FL Series.

I used the following colors on my project:

Red FO5

Pink FO1

Green FO6

Yellow FO3

Blue F07

and not pictured here Orange FO4. To make my flower designs I used a die cut machine, and to make my heart I used a punch. Both worked beautifully with this vinyl. I also hand cut the grass section. 



To start off I decorated the front first. 

You'll notice that the perch has not been added to the house yet, nor has the grass cutout. 




Then I did both sides. It was only after I added the flowers that I added the grass. I started on one side and then worked my way all the way around. The vinyl was not wide enough to make this in one strip so I added a second small strip at the end. 



For the smaller circles on the flowers I used a regular paper hole punch.


After I was finished with the front and sides I decorated the birdhouse roof with die cut letters, and the heart shaped punches. 

After that I added the perch, and the suction cups that will attach it to my mom's window. I hope you had fun following along today, and until next time Happy Scrapping! Love Penny
Pin It!

No comments: